Tuesday, November 6, 2007

hello blogspot

Why would you have to
let
yourself live?
Don't we just?
I've realized
that poetry
doesn't have to
be
poetic,
not anymore.

How dare philosophy -
Aristotle and Plato alike.
How dare they suggest that this
is not real.
What is a dream - do you have
to be dreaming to dream?
Are they flawed -
or does taste really
not exist?

And what of sight?
Am I not really tasting the scent of Autumn?
"Ignorance is bliss."
I don't call it ignoarnce.
You can have your criticisms of
acceptance.

"an empty shell"
"blinders on"-
I call it something different. . .
I see the fulfillment
in constantly searching for the wrongs
and the flaws
in the world.
Cliche as it is,
I'll savor the good.

Like or not, this is what I have.
I've dealt with enough real wrong
to pick and choose which good to discard
and which to dismiss as
not real.
It's all I have.
Take it from someone else.

2 comments:

hottest out said...

Very nice first post!!! Enjoyed it very much fool.

Joker Rose said...

i enjoyed it altho i do not agree on the whole emperialistic view you proclaim all in all i enjoyed it as well as some imagery